It looks like we may be seeing some signs of light at the end of the tunnel as we march into the new year. With the fiscal cliff averted in the US, the stock market rebounding and businesses starting to release more of their reserve funds for new hiring, training and expansion – we are cautiously optimistic about 2013.
Here were some interesting statistics from Inc Magazine in their January edition based on data collected from High-Performance CEOs:
- 92% plan to hire more employees in 2013
- The jobs will be in: health, business, government services, food & beverage, and financial services
- The one quality they found lacking in job candidates:communication skills
- The hardest thing about managing a growing workforce: 72% said maintaining company culture
- What is the biggest hiring obstacle: 70% said finding qualified workers
This is a good barometer of where the new pain points might be in 2013 as we continue to see growth in the economy and new hiring. With that in mind, we are excited at New Directions to launch our Innovative Leadership Guide Volume 2!
Our first Innovative Leadership Guide was our most downloaded guide from 2012. We’re hoping to eclipse that number with the second volume. Why? Here are a couple reasons:
- Unlike the 16 page volume one, this has 90 pages
- It is full of in depth knowledge, tips, tactics and from-the-field advicefrom our roaming trainers and consultants
- It’s separated into the skill sets we think matter the most to emerging leaders and managers: communication, meetings and facilitation, change management, coaching, conflict resolution, employee motivation, workplace generations, and team-building
- It’s free, visual appealing and practical
We need your help (and we think you’ll greatly benefit from it too!). Download the Innovative Leadership Guide Volume 2 today!